It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:50 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: 1974 Gaming: Been there done that.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:28 pm 

by: Maikel de Bakker

Hi everyone here I am again once again typing my column on the laptop. This time I want you all to know that we sometimes need to change! I don’t mean in real life although for some it’s better if they do but in our gaming community. Yeah you probably know that I have been gaming for a long, long time now but let me tell you this, most of the time I think hmmm been there done that.

Now let me get this off my chest. Everyone change their gaming style once in a while and you will be surprised what happens! Let me tell you this. I have always been a sniper in games (you got to do what your good at I guess) and a few weeks ago I totally changed it from sniping to front liner. Sure the first battles I was totally whipped out by every in the field. But I had one big advantage of knowing were not to be when people are sniping or even more fun hunting down the sniper. Man you should hear them scream “how the hell did he find me” hehehe. Also I never jumped in to cars or mechs in shooting games, but now I did and guess what I was good at it and now they even call me Mister Mario in lost planet because I love jumping on people in the VS suite (a mech). (Singing “these VS’s are made for jumping and that is what they will do. One of these days my VS is going to jump all over you!!”)

It doesn’t stop there try a different car in a racing game, a different skill or char in an RPG and you might discover that you missed out a lot of fun!!

Why don’t people do this? I do not know maybe they are afraid of change or maybe it’s because if they change they will lose more than in the old situation. Or it might be a bad habit. Anyway don’t get stuck in the same routine over and over again but the next time you press the start button make sure you changed something!!

Let’s kick arse and chew bubblegum!!

1974 Gaming signing off

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:50 am 

I like your style Maikel, you talk about the things that we forget the most. If you try that different class in your favorite RPG or drive the Camaro (Muscle car) instead of the RX-7 (Tuner) you're so familiar with then you'll find that you may have missed out on something, and might end up liking it. No regrets, none at all. Always strive to try something new and move out of your comfort zone every once in a while.

An aspiring game developer who will one day, become known as one of gaming industry's greatest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:23 am 

Yea already know it's a better way to play.

I have to say that on battlefield games i switchs alot because if there's alot of infantry ill go assault but with less recon. If there's enemy armor i'd go anti tank.

With pso i tried all classes with pretty much all kind of weapons.

Funny how i read a column for once, because i usually never do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:48 am 

hey thanks for the quick reply guys!! and sami you should some of the columns here are topknots!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:30 pm 

I know, but as playboy wrote in one of his colums (i think he did) the avarage ready doesn't want to read more then 500 words or something.

The news paper even sayd 250 words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:50 pm 

this was almost 400 and i think its depending on the writer how good it is and keeps the readers interested

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:14 am 

Most of the time when I try to change what I am doing, I end up regretting it. One time I thought I should diversify my collection of video games and ended up being vastly disappointed. First I tried RTSs, Japanese RPGs, and racing games, but none of those have satisfied me. However, maybe I'm searching in the wrong direction. Maybe I need to get into Xbox Live Arcade.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]