2 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 stars 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
4 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5 stars Awsome ! 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: 1974 Gaming Club Gaming Culture Growing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:52 pm 

By Maikel de Bakker

Of course I do not have tell you all about the NiSuTe Gaming Culture and how people enjoy our events, still there is something happening around us. I do not know if you have seen it to but I am starting to see a new trend among gamers. Although I run the NiSuTe Club for a long time now, but lately I see more and more Gamer Clubs popping up. It seems something is changing within the gamers them self. Sure in the first generation gamers came together all too often. Only after the ninety’s gamers went their separate ways.

With the arrival of the Play Station and the “i rather play games for free” generation gamers parted. Many dint want to have to do anything with the “i rather play games for free” generation, and the “i rather play games for free” generation dint even know there was something was there before their generation. But now finally at the third generation of Play Station fanatics things start to change. The “i rather play games for free” Generation started to pay for games and eventually even communicating to others.

Communicating and communications seems to be the way of the future. Online play helps of coarse but mobile gaming especially opened the communications wide open. While I was playing my DS with a friend of mine while we were in the train people first stared at us later they start to look over our shoulders and you know how I am when people do that. Before they knew it they were holding the DS and playing the games. After that we spent time talking mostly about the evolution of games and the new wave of games coming. And before we knew it I was giving them the address of the club to them. With either themselves or their sons and daughters dropping by. And more and more times those gamers seemed to be the old “I rather play games for free” generation now respecting the games and other gamers for what they are. Paying for games and respecting the developers this generation blends with the current and past generations.

The urge to create groups of people with the same passion is only human. But it seems that gamers are scared to be of joining or creating groups. But now we finally see gamers join clubs. But now there is a small problem. Gamers are not used to clubs and there for many do not know how a club is run. Still I look with anticipation to the future of video gaming clubs.

PS if you are not in a club and you would like to know more about it please let us know

Last edited by maiky-nisute on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:53 am 

Nice column again.

It reminds me that I talked to someone and I told him I was in a gaming club.
He said: "With PC's?" I said: "With consoles"
He said: "With Wiis and all" "Yes!"

I still remember that discussion we had Maikel.
The one where people wanted to play in groups, but they would turn away if it was an offcial one like NiSuTe Europe is.

Allthough I think we have made quite a name for ourselves as a gaming club, we maybe should elaborate the differences.
All of our members already know it, but there is a huge difference between gaming in groups and gaming in a club.
Just like there is a difference between playing soccer on the playground and playing soccer at your local sportsfield.

There are, however, subtle, but big, differences.
Our gaming club does not drive on competition.

We do not train our members.
We, of course, allow our members to teach oneanother, but we do not have the whole teacher - pupil mechanism.

In that context, it's hard to make a comparison with other clubs.
I'm trying to think of clubs that have no competition going for it, but it's hard.
The best thing to compare it with is something like going out, because the ultimate goal is to have fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:08 pm 

Quote:
We do not train our members.
We, of course, allow our members to teach one another, but we do not have the whole teacher - pupil mechanism.

well in terms of organisating and writing we do teach people who are willing to know about it. we do show the real side of the gaming industry and show it without the pink glasses that every one wares when it coms to "i want do be a game developer" it isn't just all gold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:27 pm 

Yeah, true and all, but there is still the difference in obligated to learn (almost forced to make progress as e.g. in chess clubs) and possibility to learn more about your hobby.

Maybe the difference is in practising your hobby in a group versus a competitive club. Wait, I already said that, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:50 pm 

hehe yeah you kinda did. nisute is a realaxed place were people can talk about there hobby and do things they cant do at home etc etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:41 pm 

What Johan sayd is so true... If I say to people that I´m part of a gaming club, they ask: OOOOH LAN PARTYYYYYYYS? THEY ARE FOR TEH N00000BS :P It really bothers me that people have no clue what a gaming club is untill they join one...

But Maikel, It's a good view on things in your column, nothing less, nothing more ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:44 pm 

we should find a way to make it clear to people what we are all about but i cant do that alone now can i?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:04 pm 

No, and if you tried to do that solo it would make you spin.

I keep having the words 'propaganda' from Beyond Good & Evil in my head.
Sorry for that offtopic.

We should conduct in a sort of same analogy of nisute when we talk to people we like to inform about us.
I hope my english is correct here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:37 am 

Propeganda? Haha. Marketing my friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:59 pm 

indeed we do need to market Club NiSuTe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:32 pm 

marketing? I still have the files I made back then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:32 pm 

I am learning stuff about marketing on school now. Just basic, but will learn more over the next 4 years :D

In the end i should be able to set up a marketing plan and provide the client with the media for the plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:02 pm 

we will need marketing indeed. dech please let us see what you have please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:07 pm 

this is what I made back then:

http://nisute.com/NiSuTe_work_doc/marketingDech.doc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:21 pm 

maiky-nisute wrote:
we will need marketing indeed. dech please let us see what you have please!

Yup, and check this video. It's about the newest methode of marketing any product. My teacher showed me this. Note that everything in that video is setup in a manner it draws your attention. (it's funny, warm background (meaning stop, pay attention) and the text is fast, so you have to read it.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj29qmLnBiE

And this is what you get when sony give it a go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwdhg_whoKw
As always, they fail at marketing.

The idea is that you either hand out products exclusively to people and hope they make videos and such. OR like what sony did, but the right way, pretend to be one of them and make a insider video and post it on youtube on a fake account. Thousands of views. Done.

@ dech: Looks nice. School project?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:27 pm 

Nope, that´s what I´ve really done for NiSuTe, just asked some help from my teacher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 pm 

you did do an amazing jobe Dech !!!! onle now we need it to be put in practise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:34 pm 

Agree, i had no idea :D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 18 posts ]