i give this column
no star this column sucks 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 star 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4 stars 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
5 stars Awsome ! 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: 1974 Gaming: Expanding the Gray matter.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:27 am 

Maikel de Bakker

As a gamer of 32 years you can expect that I have a reasonable active brain. Well thanks to Big Brain Academy on the Nintendo Wii it seems that I have been training only a few parts of my brain. And thanks to that same game I am training the parts I neglected for years since I left school. And yeah it even hurts for real when you push you brain in new grounds. I never expected that a game would ever give me such a fresh feeling in my head but it really does thanks to it I think and react faster and it feels incredibly good! But this is getting even stranger! Not only I feel this but now my wife my mother, sister and even the parents of my wife feel it! And o my god they also totally love it! What is going on here? People that never used to play games suddenly love it? As long as I have been in and around the games industry I have never seen this happen at least not in this impact to my surroundings! First WiiSports and now this! Incredible what Nintendo does, they move you and now they make us smarter to! But now I see another big change in my surroundings. Gamers start to drop the Wii and start playing PC and 360 games. So it seems Nintendo is gaining new grounds but losing to the old one. Are some gamers afraid of the new games? Or do they find or think they are boring?
Well my friends say it isn’t interesting enough because of the lack of games they know like Metroid, Mario, Fire Emblem , F-zero, Mario Kart and a great Zelda.

Is it that the current generation gamers need to expand their gray matter to like I did and allow the new and fresh wind in our upper chambers? Or do we want Nintendo to stop focusing on the new gaming generation?

Well in my eye’s the both need to change a bit! Not mush but just a bit of fine tuning I guess. Gamers should open up more and look past the low-resolution graphics and (as they say) “kiddy graphics”. We don't play games to view a great time, we play games to have a great time! And Nintendo should find a fine balance at the games they publish! Like WiiSports and Mario Galaxy, Big Brain Academy and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. This way both old and new gamers can enjoy the gaming world of Nintendo. For me… I am starting to enjoy games again more and more thanks to the fresh air that Nintendo has given me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:23 pm 

I think it's brilliant.

Also, i think it's due to the reaction of your body. Succesfully perform a task and get rewarded for it (dopamine).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]